The main goals of the association are :
- connect PhD students and post-doctoral researchers with each other (for exemple, via afterwork gatherings);
- inform ENS Paris-Saclay students regarding PhD life and the research world;
- educate people outside ENS Paris-Saclay (middle school students, high school students, families…) about post-graduate studies, PhDs and research world.
We also want to :
- support PhD students, in particular foreign ones, with school administrative procedures (administrative registration, discussions with « département des études doctorales », badge…);
- inform PhD students about school opportunities (student life, sport, representation in advisory bodies, psychology unit…).
This time, we went to La Felicità (5 Parv. Alan Turing, 75013 Paris) on December 10, 2021. People who came to previous afterworks and new members shared a good time together!
For the first session (December 1st, 2021), four people joined us to share their experience about the interest of PhD: developed skills, scientific production and national / international collaborations.
Three ADEPS members (Vice-Treasurer Giann Karlo Aguirre Samboni, Vice-President Emilie Grienenberger and active member Véronique Vienne) were present to represent ADEPS during the PhD welcoming event of the Graduate School Sciences de l’Ingénierie et des Systèmes (SIS) (November 29, 2021).